[Coco] Help with Jeff V. Coco3 dos emulator

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Jan 30 10:07:53 EST 2014

Richard Hawk wrote:

> I have a rom and it boots up extended and not disk extended.   I can load it in the blue screen in drive 0  but then I can't get a dir cause its not disk extended I assume   Any help would be appreciated.   Thanks a lot  Richard Hawk  rhawk1 at centurylink.net
>

> Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S®4

Richard,

The JVC emulators will not work with some modern OS and disk formats. For
example, with Windows and WIN98SE or earlier you are fine. With WinXP, you will
need a FAT32 format drive and appropriate config.nt and autoexec.nt files.

The JVC coco3 package should have contained the roms coco3.rom, and disk.rom.
These roms are not the same as the ones used for MESS and VCC. The coco3 JVC
emulator can use RGBDOS if you want it.
To be sure that you are using the right roms, delete DRIVES.CC3 and GENERAL.CC3
after changing any rom names.

For maximum memory with Disk Basic and OS-9, you need the zero byte file 2MEGS
in the emulator directory.

The disk images used with the JVC emulators must be exactly the correct number
of bytes or have a header indicating the size and number of side. That can cause
problems with NitrOS-9 disks.

======
Where did you get the emulator and rom packages?

Robert