[Coco] cache sector 0? related question

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Jan 25 12:38:09 EST 2014

On Saturday 25 January 2014 12:30:32 Aaron Wolfe did opine:

> Here's another one for the experts:
>
> Is the area in LSN0 that actually contains data ever bigger than 64
> bytes? NitrOS9 docs show PD.OPT section is from 0x20 to 0x3F... then..
> nothing?  Of course I ask because 64 bytes is much easier to deal with
> than 256.. but don't want to misunderstand something.

Your images are blank beyond $3F?  Every one I have ever looked at had a
copy of the $20 byte PD.OPT section there, copied in from from the drive
tables of the disk it was formatted in.  There is another, differently
defined byte at $42 (IIRC, see the PD.OPT section of the L2 RBF docs) that
I have had to change manually, and which reflects the track density
capability of that drive. Similar, but not identical to the byte at $10. So
you should have valid data up to and including $5F in LSN0.

If you don't, I think we have a problem.