[Coco] More Newbie Questions for VCC

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Jan 24 20:56:30 EST 2014

Christopher,
I think I would agree with you, it would just be a major effort to rename all the files in all our archives as well as to get poeple with individual sites to follow up on the idea.
I'm sure Guillaume Major (Color Computer Archive) would be willing to comply, it would just take a while. There's TONS of files there.
As for the maltedmedia site... that place is a disaster. I wouldn't even try.
RTSI wouldn't be too hard as most of the files there are lzh or ar (individual files) and not disks. The few that are there would be easy to change. I just don't know who has any access to alter RTSI.

The big problem on any of these sites is that a lot of the disk images are buried in zip files and not easily spotted. Questionable disks would have to be tested to see if they're rsdos or os9. We're talking literally thousands of "download, unzip, test, rename, rezip, upload". It would be a lot of work, but worth it in the end, but I'm not sure if anyone is willing to go to that much trouble.

The NitrOS9 repo would be easy. Just a matter of changing a few lines in the rules.make file (I think), the reloading the "latest" downloads. All disks there are OS9

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com