[Coco] Why haven't we got this?!!

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jan 23 01:01:56 EST 2014

Bill Pierce <ooogalapasooo at ...> writes:

> Nick, I'm not embarrassed at all.... Do some digging in that website.
> I think you'll find that front page to be quite misleading and stretching
the truth quite a bit.
> Most of those screenshots were from a soupped up fpga (or something
similar) running a highly modified
> emulator with capabilities that the original machines never had.. First,
most of those machines nor
> their cpus was capable of doing what they are stating.
> Let's see... memory bank switching up to 1024k, multple windows, up to 63k
per process,,,,,
> Hmm.... sounds really, really familiar.... The GUI looks a lot
like...hmmmm......
> Me thinks they were looking at another very familiar OS when they started
this...

Hope you're right. Maybe they are showing it running on a PC via an emulator?

Here's some YouTube videos of it in action expressly showing/stateing it to
be running on real hardware. Does the Amstrad have an accelerator card?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_sdtyWPrAM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ish4ReOjdIw (ignore overlaid backing music)

Nick