[Coco] more 1 bit madness

Johann Klasek johann+coco at klasek.at
Wed Jan 22 16:23:06 EST 2014

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 02:06:18PM -0500, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:
> The coco cassette is faster than the freaking out of the box 1541. You
> had to invest in an EPYX fast loader or a even more expensive mod
> jiffy-dos to have better speeds.
>
> The demos from 2013 doesn't count. This technique wasn't available
> back in 1984...

Sound strange to me, I used a soft fastload (to preload right before the
on). These tools gave me 5 to 6 times speed boost (nearly the speed of
the original IEEE interface which operates in parallel mode).
At the same time softloader embedded in modules (like the EPYX stuff) were
popular too (for the one who could afford it).