[Coco] more 1 bit madness

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jan 22 14:26:14 EST 2014

Simon Jonassen <simon at ...> writes:

> Luis...
>
> If you did a load "*",8,1 to get a dir you would be stuffed...
>
> It would load the first executable on the disk instead....
>
> If you used load "$",8, then LIST.... You would get the directory....
>
> /Simon

Don't get me wrong, I thing the C64 hardware is great.

I'm commenting that CoCo3 had distinct advantages in many other areas of
it... apart from sound and sprites.

Certainly C64 BASIC was bad. The CoCo... even the original CoCo 1/2... was
WAY better than the C64 (Extended Color Basic) and what sold many CoCo's
over the C64 back in their day.

The CoCo 1/2's 6847 VDG sucked but the GIME in the CoCo3 made up for it in
leaps and bounds.

Nick