[Coco] [OT] Commodore 64 slow floppy

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Jan 22 16:17:15 EST 2014

On Wednesday 22 January 2014 16:12:46 Al Hartman did opine:

> Just not true. The OS on the Atari ST line was licensed from Digital
> Research. Both the command line and the GUI portions.

And where do I find such verification on my ST-E the next time I drag it
out & putz around getting the ST-225 HD started before the OS times out and
gives up?  That is usually 20+ resets & some light hammering on the drive
case to break the stiction loose.

> It was cheaper to license the OS than to write it from scratch, and
> faster. As an Atari-ST owner, I never found that the OS kept me from
> doing anything I wanted to do.
>
> -[ Al ]-

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Required reading:
<http://culturalslagheap.wordpress.com/2014/01/12/elemental/>
Why don't you ever enter any CONTESTS, Marvin??  Don't you know your
own ZIPCODE?
         law-abiding citizens.