[Coco] NitrOS9 build errors

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Tue Jan 21 17:25:31 EST 2014

Gene,

I remember this...

You sent the TC^3 to me because I couldn't get a response less than a book on the SCSI controllers response when you did two pokes from ECB.

I did the two pokes in under 30 seconds at Cloud-9. No problem with the TC^3. Sent the unit back, still didn't work for you. Later you found a conflict in your hardware. IIRC,  Disto Super Controller at same address as TC^3. Not exactly sure on what your solution was.

You also have to realize that we were developing SuperDriver and you were on the older TC^3 driver, IIRC. I don't know if you ever moved off  the older driver or not. There is a reason that Boisy released new drivers... :)

I can create any boot I would like, easy using the scripts. Scripts were used to build the system. When the SuperIDE came out, I cloned the image of the output from the device that was created using the scripts.

Custom boots = custom charges. My spare time to develop products is my free time. Thus my custom service fees are very expensive.

It is hard to create custom boots when one doesn't know their hardware configuration, even in NitrOS-9 and the scripts. The scripts just get you in trouble faster...... :)

Thanks for the memory trigger, it was the easiest service work I have ever had.. :)

I am afraid to ask....You still can't build a boot for the TC^3?

Not afraid of the response, anyone one that knows Gene, his responses can be long........that is what I am afraid of. :) No details required, just a yes or no. :)

Regards,

Mark