[Coco] The early days of Hacking and Coding a CoCo Was: Here's a CoCo 1 ...

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 20 23:00:29 EST 2014

On 21/01/2014 1:46 PM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:

> Where I think we disagree is whether the tablet phase is going
> to be some sort of long lived plateau.   In my opinion, they are just too
> limited to be a big deal.

You're biased by the fact that (like me) you're a 'power user' and a
'tinkerer'. I used to be of a similar opinion, but that's changing. My
mother took her iPad OS for 3 months and realised she only needs her
computer for printing. And that will eventually be rectified. These days,
she doesn't go anywhere without it and it's even starting to get annoying
how regularly she picks it up to check her emails. And to think she used
to complain about dad always being on the computer! :O

You & I will always need a powerhouse on the desktop but tablets are not
going away. Mine is perfect for travelling for checking emails, forums and
entertainment (reading, puzzles & movies). It even gets used at home when
I'm in front of the TV when my wife is 'forcing' me to watch The Real
Housewives of New Jersey & Beverly Hills! I wouldn't give mine up for
quids now...

Regards,