[Coco] Problems with New Boot for VCC and Nitros9

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Jan 20 17:44:02 EST 2014

On Monday 20 January 2014 17:39:41 Manny did opine:

> Hi all,
>
> First off, I'm new to Nitros9, but not OS-9.  I used to use OS-9 quite a
> bit back about 10 years ago in Jeff V's emulator plus back in the day
> between 86 and 95.  I haven't really played with OS-9 in years, but it's
> funny how quickly things come back to you.. Almost like I never put my
> Coco in the shed all those years ago.
>
> Anyway, I'm trying to make a Nitros9 boot disk in VCC, but it's failing:
> <
> http://manny.invigorated.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/nitros9-fail.pn
> g>

Is a 404 from here.

> I've modified the standard.bl from the nos96309l2v030209coco3_80d.dsk
> from < http://nitros9.sourceforge.net/latest/> to include a /p, /d3,
> /h0 (from a previous OS-9 installation I had from years ago for a
> virtual HDD) and Cloud-9's RTC.  When I run the installation script, it
> completes successfully.  But when I go to boot, it brings up the above
> error.

Without seeing the error, my first guess is that while you did include that
/h0, you didn't note what hard drive driver it pointed at.  Lots and lots
of changes have been made, so we'll probably need to know that before we
can help without doing the Sunday morning chicken dance, where the chicken,
intended for dinner, is headless.