[Coco] NitrOS9 build errors

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 17:06:34 EST 2014

Hi Tormod,

I believe that all the _80* disk images are 2880 sectors, and as such should
be classed at 96TPI.

A 2880 sector disk can only (AFAIK) be created on an 80 track (DS/DD) drive.
Such drives are 96TPI.

I was just pointing out the discrepancy for correctness and completeness.

I usually take all three into account - the filename (has _80), the file
length (not reliable), the number of sectors (2880 in this case) and the
output of OS9 ID.

Finally it comes down to whether the image will work on a *real* Coco.
Without the 96TPI bit, it will not; but returns "wrong type" (error 249).

My $0.02

Regards, Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia