[Coco] NitrOS9 build errors

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Mon Jan 20 03:49:34 EST 2014

Bill Pierce wrote:

> Tormod,
> Though some seem to disagree, ALL of the repo disks need to be formatted to FULL size upon creation.
> Sure, it takes up more space, but there is a reason. (if someone's worried about 360k vs 120k etc, they need a new pooter)
> And yes... I know drivewire will "expand" these disks as needed.... BUT...
> Vcc, Mess, JV Emu, and XRoar will not.

XRoar will actually reserve space up to the next "obvious" size these
days on writes (35 tracks if CoCo, then 40, etc.).  But the in-memory
copy of these tracks will be considered unformatted, which probably
still causes a problem.

The biggest issue for any emulator is the lack of JVC header information
- without this, it's impossible to tell the difference between a 40T
double-sided disk and an 80T single-sided one.

..ciaran