[Coco] [coco] OS9, terminals and memory

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Sun Jan 19 05:51:49 EST 2014

Manny wrote:
> On Jan 19, 2014 5:04 AM, "George Ramsower" <georgera at gvtc.com> wrote:
> > The more intense stuff, requiring more power and speed I do on this
> > stupid PC and now, it's Winderz7. I'm good with that but, I really wish I
> > could do on this stupid thing what I can do on my Coco. There is no useable
> > Basic for this thing. I wish there was a B09 that would run on this box
> > that also allowed me to do peeks and pokes to hardware chips connected to
> > the outside world.
>
> There are some BASICs out there like FreeBASIC,
> SmallBASIC and QB64.  [...]

I've never used it as I don't run Windows, but BBC BASIC seems to be
the best of most worlds if it's a Windows BASIC you want - libraries,
Windows API access, direct memory access, small and fast runtime, built
in assembler, etc.

http://www.bbcbasic.co.uk/

If it's good enough to colour in Doctor Who...

..ciaran