[Coco] [coco] OS9, terminals and memory

Manny manney at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 05:11:46 EST 2014

On Jan 19, 2014 5:04 AM, "George Ramsower" <georgera at gvtc.com> wrote:

>  The more intense stuff, requiring more power and speed I do on this
stupid PC and now, it's Winderz7. I'm good with that but, I really wish I
could do on this stupid thing what I can do on my Coco. There is no useable
Basic for this thing. I wish there was a B09 that would run on this box
that also allowed me to do peeks and pokes to hardware chips connected to
the outside world.
>  Oh, well!!

George,

There are some BASICs out there like FreeBASIC <http://www.freebasic.net>,
SmallBASIC <http://smallbasic.sourceforge.net> and QB64 <http://www.qb64.net>.
They arent B09, but they are somewhat structured.  (I know, I know, it's
not the same...)

I think QB64 allows POKEs and PEEKs, too.  There is a guy making a big game
using external libraries etc. with a modified QB64:
- Black Annex <http://www.blackannex.net>
- His blog: <http://www.manfightdragon.com>

HTH.
-A.