[Coco] Real close with DriveWire 4 on Raspberry Pi, but...

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Fri Jan 17 20:40:02 EST 2014

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 23:19:30 -0200
Juan Castro <jccyc1965 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 10:31 PM, Joel Ewy <jcewy at swbell.net> wrote:
>
> > On 01/17/2014 02:36 PM, Juan Castro wrote:
> >
> >> Maybe you could try this? http://sourceforge.net/projects/dwlite/
> >>
> >>  Looks like a cool project.  Do you have any more documentation or
> > information about it?
> >

> Well, I wrote it. Feel free to ask anything. It was a quick and dirty
> solution so I could get the RPi to serve disks to the CoCo without
> screaming in agony. (And mine is one of the earlier ones, 256 MB!) Not
> having to run the JVM makes ALL the difference in the world.
>
> Take a look at the TODO file, if there's anything else you think
> should be done, please do suggest.

	There IS a linux version of drivewire3. I've been using it
since 2006 without a hitch. It has a (simple) text user interface.

http://drivewireserver.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/drivewireserver/drivewireserver/linux
(part of the old drivewireserver)

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
"I had a linguistics professor who said that it's man's ability to use
language that makes him the dominant species on the planet.  That may