[Coco] My CoCo3

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jan 14 04:07:28 EST 2014

After immersing myself in Boisy and Bill's new CoCo book, I had a warm
fuzzy nostalgic feeling of days gone by.

I proudly looked at my CoCo3 and noticed I haven't been taking good care
of it lately. It's dirty keyboard and dusty case.

I decided to do it justice and did a full strip down of my CoCo3!

Everything was dismantled and removed, power supply, mainboard and the
keyboard pulled apart right down to the membrane and springs.

A thorough wash in the tub with detergent and some bleach and after
re-assembly, it looked good as new... except for some yellowing of the
keys and case.

To show off my pride and joy, I have created a page on my project
website with photos.

Hopefully, this will encourage others to pamper their CoCo's and restore
them back to show room condition!

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/nickma/ProjectArchive/mycoco3.html

Nick