[Coco] Wow... Just wow... eBay CoCo 3 auction

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 21:26:03 EST 2014

On Thu, Jan 16 2014, Brian Blake wrote:

The other auction had a BIN price of $199.99 or Best Offer:

> http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRS-80-Color-Computer-3-with-512K-
> Memory-Upgrade-Tested-Works-/231127629789?_trksid=p2047675.
> l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=
> PPOZ02XESC2w0XUxMMSn9FdkSgU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
>

> Well, I decided to make the guy an offer based off of several recent
> auction results. Back in December I won a 128k CoCo3 for $57.72, and a few
> others had gone for less than $50. Throwing in the results of the other
> 512k CoCo3 auction today, I offered him $56.00, fully expecting some sort
> of a negotiation. Well, the offer was declined and the auction removed from
> eBay... Interesting response...

A good hint that sellers like that are wholesale blokes is to look at the
feedback number, this one cited above has 4k+, my experience on following
those posts is that sellers with that rating really don't have a hint of
what they are selling and could care less about what the typical rate is on
going for an item in question. Too high of a feedback number (above 1K) I
will stay away from.

RP