[Coco] CoCo 2 with Random Characters on Screen at Power Up

Daniel Campos daniel.campus at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 14:39:35 EST 2014

Its possible to be a bad SAM(6883). Try changing it first.

Daniel

Enviado pelo meu Windows Phone De: Danny Amborn
Enviada em: ‎16/‎01/‎2014 17:31
Para: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts
Assunto: [Coco] CoCo 2 with Random Characters on Screen at Power Up

I have a CoCo 2 model 26-3027 that shows random characters on the
screen at power up.  I bought this computer knowing it had issues but
when I received it initially it was working fine for a few days before
acting up.

I replaced the RAM and the CPU so far.  I thought for sure it was the
CPU because it looked like it had a burn mark in the center but it
must have just been some sort of blemish but it does the same thing.
Since this is a 26-3027 so most of the chips are socketed, lucky me. I
also have a 26-3026 which is the same model just without the extended
basic.  I am willing to swap all the socketed chips but was wondering
if anyone knows which chips to start swapping first?

--

Dan Amborn
slackware64 at embarqmail.com