[Coco] Most expensive coco1

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Wed Jan 15 20:07:00 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Blake"

> The CoCo 1 arrived today. Pic is linked below.
>
> http://tandycoco.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=239
>
> I'll try to hook it up tomorrow to check functionality. The keyboard feels
> awesome - great travel, smooth action; just has a quality feel too it. Had
> Tandy seen fit to make a keyboard like the HJL from the start, the CoCo
> might have had a tad more respect back in the day.

I've no doubt.  I built a keyboard from a surplus TTL/computer keyboard back
in 1985 or so.  I had to desolder the PC board from the keys then wire the
switch matrix (it worked right up too!) to match the CoCo's in it's place,
make a board to mount it on and so forth.  It easily doubled my typing
speed.  I wore that one out and built another, it did not fit as well, but
it is still on my first CoCo 1.
Bruce W.