[Coco] Amiga Systems

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 15 19:26:48 EST 2014

On 16/01/2014 10:49 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:

> In case you
> haven't noticed, they are clear to the rear of the mouse on the 10 dollar
> version, which makes then totally out of square because you can't go
> sideways with your wrist when its under the wrist joint itself.

I haven't actually noticed that but then again, I'd *never* consider using
a $10 mouse either. I learned years ago that cheap input devices cause
nothing but frustration and my current home kbd/mouse combo are coming up
to 8 years old now and haven't skipped a beat yet.

> And the last one I bought, doesn't have a
> scroll wheel, but a sensor strip that works like the finger pads on your
> laptop, but it seems far more sensitive to sideways motion that it ought to
> be.  I'd druther have the wheel any day.  So call me an old fart, I want
> stuff to Just Work(TM).

I'd steer well clear of any mouse with a sensor strip myself. I *hate*
those darn pads on laptops; never been able to use them and have long
since given up trying. My laptop has always had its own mouse, and since
my laptop weighs 7kg and was bought purely for working OS, it's only ever
used on a desktop anyway.

I'm going to put myself in the old-fart boat with you. I'm too far gone to
bother with configuring and tweaking and learning. If it doesn't Just Work
out of the box, I'm simply not interested.

Regards,