[Coco] Gene's script...

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 03:37:16 EST 2014

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 9:00 AM, Bob Devries wrote:
> Hi Gene,
>
> If lwtools is part of the build as you suggest, I'd expect to see a
> reference to it in the upper level makefile, but there's no mention that I
> can see.
>
> @Tormod:
> Can you comment on this?

You are both mixing up the lwtools utilities and the obsolete
lwtools-port branch of the nitros9 source code.

Bob, please read through
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/nitros9/index.php?title=Building_NitrOS9
and tell me if something there is not clear for you.

IMHO, forget about Gene's build script. It is not that difficult to
understand what to do and to perform the steps manually.

You need lwtools 4.9 and toolshed 2.1 installed on your build machine.
If you can run "os9" and "lwasm -V" on your command line, you are all
set.

Then you just need to pull the nitros9 code and run make:

== From scratch ==

hg clone http://hg.code.sf.net/p/nitros9/code nitros9
cd nitros9
make dsk

== If you already had an old nitros9 repo checkout, do this once ==

hg pull
hg update default
make dsk

== Later, to update your builds ==

hg pull
hg update
make dsk

Only if you want to build from a subdirectory you will need to set $NITROS9DIR.

Best regards,
Tormod