[Coco] Case whitening [was MY CoCo3]

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Jan 14 15:54:01 EST 2014

Le 2014-01-14 à 10:54:00, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) a écrit :

> Montreal is not a shinny place too But I do manage to get some.

Montréal is shinier than much of the Great Lakes, most of Europe (Paris,
London, etc), all of Russia, etc. It depends what you compare it to.
Here's a map of energy density (watts per square metre).
http://www.revisionenergy.com/graphics/solar-map.jpg

It also depends what you compare. Sun at lower latitudes is brighter and
less tilted, and varies less by season. I think that in the winter, you
get more solar energy in Montréal than in Edmonton, though for the yearly
average, Edmonton is shinier, because its dry weather (clearer skies) more
than compensates for the yearly difference caused by latitude.

Other comparisons could be by average hours of sunlight per year, average
days of sunlight per year, fraction of daytime hours that are sunny, peak
brightness in a year, ...

Here's a list of canadian cities for two of those other factors.
http://www.currentresults.com/Weather-Extremes/Canada/sunniest-cities.php