[Coco] Res: Re: Case whitening [was MY CoCo3]

Michael Graham mkgraham at gmx.com
Tue Jan 14 12:44:47 EST 2014

No, but I wouldn't be surprised if the original owner did all the time.
It looked in awful shape when I bought it (which is the only reason I
could afford it at the time, since nobody else wanted one THAT yellow).
I was pleasantly surprised when I found an unexpected 512k upgrade
inside after I got it, though, so it really was worth it.  My original
retr0briting job made it look fantastic, but I guess it didn't undo the
original chemical reaction all the way, so the yellowing just came back
at an accelerated rate.  I was afraid to use too strong a solution,
though, or to leave it on too long as I've seen pictures online of
people who have done so and caused 'blooming' in the plastic.  But even
with all that care, I still managed to forget to mask off the case badge
and ended up drastically fading out the red bar, haha.  I colored it
back in with red sharpie, but it still looks a bit off.

--Michael