[Coco] RPi DriveWire Success!

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Tue Jan 14 15:13:46 EST 2014

On 01/14/2014 11:42 AM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> Glad it worked out, was going to write earlier that your errors on
> inserting a disk sounded like either the server process had died or
> was out to lunch.  A quick test is to just type:  dw<enter> into the
> command box along the bottom of the GUI, if the server is running and
> responsive you'll get a response with help text, if there is any
> communication problem between the gui and server it will provide error
> information that might reveal the problem.

Yeah, the funny thing is that it was responding to dw commands.  It just
couldn't load disk images.  It's moot now, but something funny was going on.

> The PiCo sounds pretty nice :)  Have you noticed how nicely a Pi would
> fit into a standard rompak case?  I keep thinking I must find a way to
> make the PiPak.

Last spring I designed a CoCo cartridge housing in OpenSCAD and made one
unsuccessful attempt to print it on my Thing-O-Matic.  It's almost too
big to fit on the build platform, but I think I can make it work if I
put a little more effort into it.  I did successfully print a case for
the Raspberry Pi that I downloaded off of Thingiverse, so I know I can
print something big enough to house the Pi.  The only problem with the
PiPak would be that you'd have to have external cabling, unless you
somehow run DW over the cartridge port.  Is that what you had in mind?

JCE