[Coco] Res: Re: Case whitening [was MY CoCo3]

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Tue Jan 14 12:40:54 EST 2014

That's been my concern with the process, that there's been no long-term
study as to its efficacy. I've heard many reports in various communities of
it essentially wearing off. It's not only commonly done with the CoCo 3,
but also other platforms with similar casings like the Super NES and
various Apple II computers and components. I'd also be concerned about
additional applications eventually weakening the plastic. Outside of new
cases (presumably 3D printers will eventually be up to snuff - say within
10 years), I think I'd just rather leave all my vintage technology yellowed
and a bit ugly.

-Bill

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade,
Inc.<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1>and