[Coco] Real close with DriveWire 4 on Raspberry Pi, but...

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Tue Jan 14 00:02:53 EST 2014

Got OpenJDK 7 installed on Raspbian, and the SWT libraries, downloaded
and updated to DW4.3.3p.  The GUI runs, and the wizard finds the USB
serial port.  All looks great, but when I try to load a disk image, I
get the "Inserting disk image..." dialog box for a little, and then it
is replaced by a dialog box titled "Error while sending commands":  Read
timed out.  And the disk image is not loaded.

I recall there was once a problem with the GUI on the RPi.  It otherwise
seems like it's going to work (aside from the fact that it can't find a
Mozilla browser).  Is this a known issue?  I can try running the GUI on
another machine, or just using it without, but not tonight.

JCE