[Coco] sc77527p, AKA SALT chip

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Jan 13 14:39:26 EST 2014

On Monday 13 January 2014 14:29:08 Louis Ciotti did opine:

> I assume your SALT is not working and you are attempting to by-pass it?

Just the internal +5 volt regulator, but still get 5 volts into it.  Mine
is all powered by an external AT power supply, and I am trying to get a
usable 5 volts into it.  My former method has worked well for nearly 20
years, until an inetd feedback loop that resulted in about 1000 packets a
second worth of error messages going both ways overheated and blew the OEM
one.  Running its internal regulators on +- 12 volts, as opposed to the +-
8 volts the coco3 supply gave it probably pushed it too close to its
breakdown.  I may see if the shack has any LM7808 and LM7908 regulators to
see if I can give it the voltages it expects, which should cool it off when
traffic gets heavy.  But today, I have to replace the T&P safety valve in
my water heater, its leaking intermittently.  First things first...

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Why use Windows, since there is a door?
(By fachat at galileo.rhein-neckar.de, Andre Fachat)