[Coco] Another Radio Shack Article

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Fri Jan 10 23:29:30 EST 2014

>From a software developer standpoint, a new version of a machine that
has backward compatibility with the old presents an opportunity,
typically.  You get to keep selling your old software, while at the
same time you put out a newer, spiffier version along with it that
takes advantages of the newer machine's capabilities.  A lot of your
old customers will want the new version for their new machine if they
liked the old version, and you get a whole new revenue stream.
At the same time, those customers are not overwhelmed by having to
replace everything at once, as would be the case if the new machine
couldn't run any of the old software.

Art