[Coco] Printing on a Coco with modern printers.

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Fri Jan 10 09:47:31 EST 2014

I believe a Coco is powerful enough, it just doesn't have enough memory to
composite a page.

A CoCo 3 in Turbo mode with a 2 meg upgrade could probably print simple text
based pages, and upscale CoCo resolution graphics pages. The limiting factor
would be the serial port speed, rather than the processor speed.

Especially, if it was equipped with a hard drive and used a page file.

I used to sell LaserMaster Printers that did this on 386 based computers,
and this is how an Atari-ST printed to a Laser printer through the DMA port
with a limit of 2mb of RAM.

-[ Al ]-