[Coco] 384 or 450 scanlines ?

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jan 9 20:40:18 EST 2014

Mathieu Bouchard <matju at ...> writes:

> Sorry, I have not been sufficiently precise. VGA includes CGA modes (and
> same-resolution modes with more colours). VGA displays 200-line modes
> using 400 lines (not 480). However, I don't know why I wrote that it's
> interlaced, because it's not : VGA displays 60 full 320x200 frames (as
> 60*400 lines).

Maybe the terms "Interlaced" and "Progressive" are more appropriate that
don't reference the actual resolution but the way the scanlines are layed
out to fill the vertical resolution of the display?

The CoCo can't do progressive.

I assume you're just talking about displaying more scanlines (filling in the
blank between scanlines)?

Nick