[Coco] The Deluxe Color Computer

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 9 16:27:17 EST 2014

So, I have read half the book now and have deiced to take a break, get a coffee, maybe go for a walk..
Without giving too much away, I loved the coverage on the Deluxe CoCo. To myself anyway, the Deluxe has always been my favorite mystery, even more then the 256 color mode in the GIME.
I am wondering though if Tandy made the right decision in pulling it. I can see and understand the reasons why, but one has to ask "Would it really have sold that well?" I know us all probably would have got one,but did it offer a real choice over the CoCo 2 to the point it could have competed or outsold the CoCo 2?
anyways, it's food for thought. In the end, Tandy probably made the right choice, but should have "offered" it as an incomplete kit through mail order.. Just my 2 cents..