[Coco] Another Radio Shack Article

James Jones jejones3141 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 13:22:31 EST 2014

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 3:08 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:

> Interactive tv, to me, started out on bald slippery tires that never got
> any traction despite MW's best efforts which I think were substantial. Sad
> for MW but that was the peg they hung their hat on.

Yeah. Alas, CD-[Ii] was horribly underpowered right out of the gate. The
Signetics 68070 was even slower than a stock 68000 because it had one fewer
ALU so that address calculation took extra cycles. I recall an article
interviewing Todd Rundgren; he said they pushed the box as far as they
could for the _No World Order_  disc. The results were, IMHO, kind of
interesting, but not something that would hold your attention for long.
Ironically, MW's influence on multimedia now is through companies started
by its alumni: Bitrouter, Vidiom, and others I can't remember the names of
at the moment.

James