[Coco] new printer sub system for NitrOS-9

iggybeans at comcast.net iggybeans at comcast.net
Wed Jan 8 09:31:36 EST 2014

Has anything been done to make NitrOS-9 more compatible with current printers?
Obviously, something as complicated as a CUPS port would probably be too resource intense, but while it seems extreme I could see the utility in a PCL compatible driver.
Even adding a parallel or USB port does not look that difficult with all the mcus that could be used to drive a printer port.
Obviously I'm not likely to be able to gain much support for other enhancements, but trying to use a legacy printer is not a good solution, so I wouldn't mind pushing for this.