[Coco] bad sysgo in nightly download?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jan 7 14:47:00 EST 2014

On Tuesday 07 January 2014 14:39:03 Tim Fadden did opine:

> Hi gang,
>
> I downloaded the nightly build 2 days ago, and have been trying to build
> custom boot floppy's  and dw images, without success.
>
> I have narrowed it down that the files sysgo_dd and sysgo_h0 in the
> nitros9 directory path are both bad, and much larger than working
> sysgo's.
>
> I have no way of compiling these.
>
> Is it acceptable to use sysgo's from prior nitros images that are known
> good?  I'm going to try, and expect it should work but.......

Sysgo_dd is 483 bytes as built here, how big is yours?

And size shouldn't be an issue since its a transient program that is
executed once at bootup, and for size reasons, probably needn't be taking
up room in the OS9Boot file, or in precious system ram.  It should load,
execute, and go away.

I would much rather believe that its failure is a bad descriptor for /h0 or
/dd as the case might be. That would prevent its being found.

Do you actually have your hard drive formatted and loaded with nitros9
already?