[Coco] Network Access for my COCO

billg999 at cs.uofs.edu billg999 at cs.uofs.edu
Mon Jan 6 19:33:34 EST 2014

> With such vague details I can only guess, but the default memory limit
> for Java programs is rather small on some operating systems (8 or 16MB
> total).

I put up an XP Box and ran it on that.  Would something else be
recommended? I have an UltraSPARC sitting around doing nothng and I
considered Solaris.  I also have a couple of Alpha boxes (one is a
small Multis, but still a lot of horsepower).  How about one of them
running Linux?  What is considered the wise choice?

>          DW can operate in these conditions, but if you leave the GUI
> open and have logging turned on it will eventually run out of room.
> At that point it halts logging and anything else that it can (the
> message you mentioned) in an attempt to keep services alive to the
> coco, but it can only do so much.

The logging it is doing is right out of the box.  I have not tried
any configuration so far as I don't know enough about it yet.  I am,
of course, still concerned about the error messages.

On the DWUI Window:
Unknown API comand: 'FAIL 010 Unknown API FAIL'"

and on the COCO Console:
READING DATA FROM NETPATH
'FAIL 010 Unknown API FAIl'
SS.SSIG ON NETPATH

These spew out 5-6 per second.

> If your memory limit is small, try increasing it. If you have detailed
> logging enabled, trying turning it off.

I have only what comes out of the box turned on.  Wouldn't know how
to turn it off, but considering the error I am getting I would think
turning it off right now would be a bad idea.

>                                         You can also close the GUI
> when you don't need it instead of leaving it open all the time, that
> way you can leave logging detailed etc.

Same as above, if I turned it off I would not know if I did something
right or wrong.

bill