[Coco] when...

iggybeans at comcast.net iggybeans at comcast.net
Mon Jan 6 07:43:14 EST 2014

This isn't a direct response to a specific thread.
I'm just curious when Boisy's book will be published.
I've always been inspired by his dedication to this market.
I myself was dispirited at the eol of the Coco3.
I put far few years into this than Boisy has, and I saw the likelihood of Wintel dominance as a death sentence.
I guess that comes from taking a hobbyist machine too seriously.
But then, until Intel introduced the '386, there were many things an Intel based system simply couldn't do well.

Almost 30 years later, and I'm still upset by our loss (isn't that odd?)

As I never cultivated any insiders at Tandy, this will be a treat to read.
Most of my inside info came from Motorola (they must have had a fair amount of involvement as they were fully aware of all Coco developments long before they hit the market).
I miss them too. Freescale semiconductors probably has the best support system in the industry, but Motorola...
Well, back then, you could pick up a phone and talk directly with an engineer.

Come to think of it, that is probably why I hold both Ed and Boisy in such high regard. They share that training.
You need real, trustworthy information, who do you go to?
Not the sales people, you go to the engineers.