[Coco] Another Radio Shack Article

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Sun Jan 5 20:47:16 EST 2014

Honestly, by the time of Doom's release in 1993, all other competition was
already an afterthought in any real sense, particularly marketshare. PC's
equipped with EGA graphics cards in the latter part of the 80s marked the
real tipping point (meaning no longer a chance for any real competition),
and then VGA was the icing on the cake (Sound Blaster sound cards helped,
as did AdLib before that). Even Tandy had to finally support a non-Tandy
graphics standard and switch to VGA by that point, which marked the
beginning of the end for their ability to differentiate their PC
compatibles, and would lead to the sale of that part of their business.
Certainly the success of Windows 3.1, then the stratospheric success of
Windows 95, were other important milestones for the PC compatible platform.

-Bill

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade,
Inc.<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1>and