[Coco] 6309 running in a Coco 1

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Fri Jan 3 00:17:36 EST 2014

This is actually incorrect. 6309 native mode has nothing to do with
clock speed. All it does is change the cycle counts for many
instructions. It does not change the clock speed. In fact, the CPU
itself has exactly zero control of the clock speed and the switch to
native mode is a flag in a CPU register. You can perfectly happily run a
coco 1 or 2 in 6309 native mode.