[Coco] According to CNBC, Radio Shack may be ready to go under

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Jan 1 18:44:46 EST 2014

On Dec 30, 2013, at 9:55 PM, John Guin <johnguin at hotmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.cnbc.com/id/101299103

RadioShack had become the top (or one of?) activator of cell phones in recent years, but I had not heard where they stand today.

I still find myself visiting them from time to time for some connecting cable or hookup part, and am glad they usually can help me out. It seems I still go there when I need some weird battery, even though Walgreens probably has it as well.

A return to the roots would be interesting -- they used to be the "7-11 of Electronics" (convenience store chain here in the USA). I certainly am surprised that I can get Arduino stuff (including things like a DMX shield, or Ethernet shield) at my local stores.

		-- A