[Coco] family names

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 1 17:18:16 EST 2014

All the information I have gotten was from my Father and Grand father on the family name, so The information was all past down an probably embellished a bit. We dont have very many ties left to "the old country" as my grandfather and Fathers family immigrated here to Canada in 1954.
I don't know why my generation has dropped the "VanDen" could be out of laziness on signing stuff, or being last in everything. 15 letters in the last name is way too long for most legal documents, online forms and such. I am keeping it because only 1 person in 100 could even spell it properly without studying it, never-mind forge my signature.

funny Irony is the my Mom's side is fluent french. and that opens up a whole other can of multi-cultural differences. So my Dad decided before I was born that "Our" house would be an english speaking only household, instead of both fluent Dutch, and french.
I laugh and say I am Fruch-Canadian,