[Coco] OS9 vs MS Win

davidlinsley at gmail.com davidlinsley at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 14:59:22 EST 2014

“one re-entrant application module into RAM, just increase the
link count on each launch and set a separate data space for each”

Hi Rogelio,

This is how Windows works too. The memory pages backing an image (module) are shared across all processes, unless that process tries to modify the page (for example, writing to a global variable). At that point it gets its own private copy of that page.

Cheers,

David.