[Coco] OS9 vs MS Win

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 09:20:33 EST 2014

I work with AutoCAD a lot on the day job, usually open up drawings out of a
VSS database and as I loaded 3 drawings to view today I wondered what was
going on within Windows as way of memory usage. The Weven Task Manager
confirmed that on each drawing pull, a new acadlt.exe process is loaded
eating away roughly 100 MB of memory space.

Makes me wonder how MS Windows would be if it managed itself closer to how
OS9 does: one re-entrant application module into RAM, just increase the
link count on each launch and set a separate data space for each. Too
efficient. Utopia.

With 8 gigs of RAM in the computer, I guess no one needs to care about the
RAM footprint anymore.

Back to the ol' grind.

-- RP