[Coco] Look what Daniel got his scrubby dirty hands on.

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Feb 23 18:44:47 EST 2014

On Sunday 23 February 2014 18:32:32 billg999 at cs.uofs.edu did opine:

> > On Sunday 23 February 2014 15:10:25 billg999 at cs.uofs.edu did opine:
[...]
> The record for lowest power moon bounce was only possible thru the use
> of computer technology.  DSP to be exact!!  The signal was too weak to
> detect, but using DSP they were able to detect decreases in the noise
> floor of the receiver and decoded that.
>
> bill

I have an old friend that has a 96 element array mounted so it tracks the
moon when its above the horizon, claims he done it on 20 watts. But I've
forgotten the frequency.  Seems like from the size of the array, I saw it
once, it must have been well above the 2 meter band.  Was living in
Fairfield IA at the time.  Last name was Goudy.

I may have to shut down, the lights are blinking, repeatedly.  OTOH,
there's a 20kw Nat Gas rig in the back yard I've only seen carrying the
place once too.  IIRC it starts in 15 seconds, but none of the blinks have
been that long, so far...  That faint knocking sound? Yup ;-) But there's
no wind to speak of, so no clue whats going on.  UPS's are great, when they
work.  This one just got a dozen 4 second tests.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

NOTICE: Will pay 100 USD for an HP-4815A defective but
complete probe assembly.