[Coco] First experiences with my DE1

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sun Feb 16 19:01:12 EST 2014

I was going to disagree as well, but now that Al has done so, I'll just add
my voice to his.  Some developers are lousy manual writers, and some are
very good at it.
For the lousy ones, the problem might sometimes be that they are too close
to the product and assume incorrectly that readers grasp something that
they find obvious.  Other times, it might be that writing with clarity is
just not one of their skills.  In-depth familiarity with the product
would be a strength for a manual writer rather than a handicap in many
cases.  If feedback on the documentation is sought while the product is in
the beta stage, many shortcomings can readily be remedied.

Art