[Coco] CoCo4! 50% done!

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Wed Feb 12 20:52:55 EST 2014

> How about a dedicated sound generator, improved A to D resolution, a better
> MMU and DMA?
> On the Sprite Generator, this is probably the lowest hanging fruit as
there are
> implementations of this in FP GA.

I've got my CoCo4... I mean... DE1 board!   :)

I've yet to setup the CoCoFPGA software but reading the docs, I like the
implementation of the 4096 color palette and 256 color mode.

It's implemented in a way that suits the CoCo3 as an extension of what it
already has.

Good work!

Looking at ebay, I found this Altera FPGA board...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Altera-CycloneII-EP2C5T144-FPGA-Mini-Development-Board-Module-AU-Local-Shipping-/200955760964?pt=AU_Hardware&hash=item2ec9e59144

I wonder if a "CoCo4" could be built by utilizing a board such as this to
act as the main FPGA board plugging in to a "CoCo I/O main board". This
board would provide all the CoCo specific I/O. The FPGA is already made and
could be upgraded.

Still new to this FPGA stuff so bear with me and sorry if I made you choke
with laughter.   :)

Nick