[Coco] The Tri-Annual CoCo 4 Thread

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Mon Feb 10 14:50:05 EST 2014

There's always going to be these disagreements though. Over the years of
following this list I've noticed that it makes a very good debating society but
doing is the problem. If you have an idea please run with it. That's what Gary
B. the authoer of vcc (forget his name), etc have done. Let individuals decide
which to use.

Personally I prefer the hardware solutions. I'm not talking about the feel of
the keyboard, card slot, etc. I've used vcc, mess, etc and in the end it has the
feel of software running on a pc not a "real" coco. The coco3fpga for example
has the feel of a "real" coco that putting a pi into a coco case isn't going to
fix.

Don't get me wrong I'm not discouraging the creation of a "coco4" program for
windows, linux. I'm just pointing out that there's room for multiple "coco4"
implementations.

The Other Frank