[Coco] The Tri-Annual CoCo 4 Thread

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 19:41:46 EST 2014

On Sun, Feb 9 2014, Mark McDougall wrote:

So let's focus our efforts on making this hobby more interesting and more
> convenient for those of us who are here now, because I'm afraid that's it.
> Once we're all 6 feet under, the Coco is going to be little more than a
> Wikipedia entry. Sad, but likely.

Indeed. I have built up quite a collection of hardware and software that
could only have dreamed about three decades ago; once I am gone the stuff
will probably end up kept but not cared for, as you say: sad but likely.

Friends and family view my hobby mostly like a waste of time (and money),
my colleagues at work are completely oblivious to anything vintage
computing - when you can't find anyone close to talk about even the C=64,
you know you're in trouble.

IMHO the CoCo 4 won't grow beyond the academic exercise stage, I am
interested on studying the technology but nothing more further than a
"cool, it can be done like so" - I'll keep the CoCos under my keep
"upgraded" with the support technologies created for them: CoCo SDC,
Drivewire, RGN to VGA converter, etc.

-- RP