[Coco] uSD PAK was Re: CoCo SDC board arrived

Richard Goedeken Richard at fascinationsoftware.com
Sun Feb 9 00:36:15 EST 2014

On 02/08/2014 01:00 PM, Robert Gault wrote:
> Richard,
>
> You may not be using your uSD pak correctly as these games for the most part
> were already on the uSD card or have working versions available from
> http://www.coco3.com/community/downloads/drive-pak/
> The above page of the site contains two uSD images, each about 27Megs jam
> packed with games. You will find most of the Colorado and T&D games, the Kings
> Quest games, Interbank Incident, Koronis Rift, Leisure Suit Larry, Carmen
> Sandiego, Winnie the Poo, a Mickey Mouse game, Police Quest, FlightSim, and more.
> These games work as is, no "make it work".
>
> As for the games you are having trouble with, I may be able to make them work
> from the uSD pak. I have a copy of cave walker and can test it. I don't have
> pegasus.
>
> Robert

Yes, the included uSD pak image is awesome and has a ton of great software on
it.  I did play through 2 or 3 of the Kings Quest games and Winnie the Pooh
with my daughter using the uSD pak a couple of years ago.  I think I ran into
trouble when I loaded a bunch of other disk images later and quite a few of
them did not work.  If I remember correctly, most of the Radio Shack demos
didn't work.

But it's okay, the uSD pak is great, my original point was that I'm excited
about the capabilities of the new Coco SDC as well.  Using a FAT32 filesystem
with hierarchical directory access is actually a huge plus too.  I normally
don't have any machines in my house booted into Windows, so having to use the
CoCoPak utility to transfer images is pretty inconvenient.

Richard