[Coco] edition byte

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Sat Feb 8 21:28:52 EST 2014

On 14-02-08 06:38 PM, Tormod Volden wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 2:25 AM, William Astle wrote:
>> The edition symbol appears after endsect so it isn't actually in the __os9 section.
>
> I meant that I moved it inside the section, from where it was in that
> link. I haven't pushed that change to the repo.
>
>> I don't recall why the and is there. There must have been some reason though.
>
> I think you wanted to write "& 0xFF" since linkscript.edition can be a
> 16-bit number.

Now that I've had a chance to look at it while actually awake, it's
clear that "& 0x80" is dumb. It doesn't make any sense to do that. It
would limit the possible editions to 0 and 128 - not useful at all. I've
fixed that in the latest hg. Fortunately, this dumbosity won't actually
cause the modules to break.

For the record, that could be a 64 bit value on a 64 bit host system,
depending on the size of "int", if the edition was specified in a linker
script.