[Coco] edition byte

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 20:04:17 EST 2014

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 6:13 PM, William Astle wrote:
> It is only when you are doing separate linking (for instance, rma/rlink or
> lwasm/lwlink) that the edition can be automatically added, and then it is
> done by the linker. lwlink does, in fact, support this. However, lwlink does
> support this. It requires putting some things into a special section called
> "__os9". This can be used to specify the module name and several other
> module features. The symbols supported in that section are "type", "lang",
> "attr", "rev", "stack" and "edition". The "edition" symbol might not be
> mentioned in the documentation, on reflection. These symbols are only
> recognized by lwlink if they are in the "__os9" section.

William,
The "edition" symbol is not mentioned in the documentation.  So I
ass-umed it wasn't supported. It did not help that the lwtools code I
looked at was an older checkout... You added this support exactly one
year ago :)

However, it looks broken. I moved the EDITION symbol into the __os9
section (from what I had here
http://sourceforge.net/p/nitros9/code/ci/default/tree/3rdparty/packages/pacos9/main90.as#l12)
but the resulting os9 ident value is 0, not 2.

Why is the edition value and'ed with 0x80 in do_output_os9() ?

Regards,
Tormod